- About Us
- Job & Volunteer Opportunities
Job & Volunteer Opportunities
Third Street Music School Settlement is seeking candidates for the position of Programs Associate. Candidates for this position must have the ability to work effectively within a team environment, as well as independently, and have excellent interpersonal skills. This position serves as the point of entry for program inquires and communications as well as to provide day to day administrative, clerical and logistical support to program staff. This is a fulltime position with benefits and operates on a Tuesday through Saturday schedule, 10am-6pm Tuesday through Friday and 9am-5pm on Saturdays. Some overtime may be required.
• Serve as point of entry for inquiries and communications regarding school programs.
• Assist with preparation and dissemination of program communications and documents.
• Maintain Director’s calendar
• Organize and maintain files.
• Provide administrative and clerical support to program staff.
• Coordinate meeting and event logistics, including arranging for food and refreshments.
• Provide logistic support at concerts and events.
• Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the Harris Scholarship application process
• Oversee Piano Certificate Program registration and prepare information packets
• Monitor and maintain supplies for the Programs Office.
• Perform other duties or special projects as directed by supervisor.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a music related field
• Strong customer service ethic and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
• Ability to listen to and engage people of various backgrounds
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to set priorities and manage competing demands
• Ability to draft and edit correspondence
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
• Availability to work weekends and overtime when needed
• Knowledge of music and passion for the arts and arts education
• Previous office experience preferred
No Phone calls please. We are unable to respond to all applicants due to the high number of submissions.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume as a pdf to email@example.com by October 29, 2016.
There are no faculty openings at this time.
Student Volunteers, Programs Department
Third Street Music School Settlement, the nation's oldest community school of music, located in the heart of the East Village, is seeking currently enrolled High School students to volunteer their time helping the Third Street community in a variety of roles.
• Greet guests and hand out concert programs at the door of the Anna-Maria Kellen Auditorium
• Guide patrons to seats as needed
• Close doors at the beginning of the performance and keep late attendees help until a piece is over
• Open doors at the end of the performance and thank guests for their attendance
• Answer any questions patrons may have about Third Street
• Assist the programs team in set up, execution and clean up of event
• Serve as a leader for younger students in activities
• Serve as a hall monitor for parents and students who may have questions or need directions
• Distribute welcome packets if needed
• Distribute food and drink if needed
• Perform on instrument as requested by Programs Staff (requests to be made in advance of event)
Schedule and Additional Information
Schedule to be determined by student sign up, on a first-come first-serve basis. All students interested in volunteering should sign up by clicking here.
Number of student volunteers will be based on the size of an event. Selected volunteers will be notified by e-mail of their role, time for reporting and anticipated length of event. Please note that if a volunteer cancels with less than 24 hours notice they will not receive priority scheduling for future events. In the event that a student needs a letter to prove their volunteer time to a school or other institution they should e-mail Lohengrin Velasquez.
Third Street Music School Settlement relies on many volunteers, mostly students and parents, to help with various program activities and events throughout the year. Third Street is most grateful to its many volunteers. If you are a student or parent who is interested in volunteering, please contact Myra Nieves in the Registrar's Office at 212-777-3240, ext. 30.
To help high school, college and graduate students earn community-service or field credits, Third Street Music School Settlement also offers unpaid internships within various administrative departments. Third Street mostly works through school/college/university internship programs to identify candidates. However, if you are interested in seeking an unpaid internship at Third Street, please send a cover letter outlining your interests and community-service or field-credit goals along with your resume and list of references to the following address:
Third Street Music School Settlement
235 East 11th Street
New York, New York 10003
All inquiries must be made in writing or by e-mail as specified above. No follow-up
e-mails or calls will be accepted. Third Street will respond to your inquiry, only if an opportunity is available.
Thank you for your interest in Third Street.